Wednesday, February 1, 2012

So last weekend my boyfriend left me....

...and yeah i was pretty devastated. Still am, actually. I mean, we had this relationship that's been ongoing for 5 years, and now he suddenly leaves me. 5 years is a really, really long time. Not many couples can last that long. Cant really say i didnt get the heads up though, but i was just degil enough to ignore the fact, thinking maybe he wont leave. Maybe he'll stay... for a couple more years?

But he did left. He did. Last Saturday.

Whyyy sayangku Zachary Levi whyyy? Kenapa you sanggup tinggalkan i?? You nak i kecewa sampai bunuh diri ke sayang??



Okay i was kidding. I didnt have a 5 year relationship with anyone, incase that's still not obvious to you.



I was actually talking about Chuck, one of my all time favourite series, which ended for good after 5 seasons just last Saturday. I still cant believe to this very day that there will be no more Chuck, Sarah, Ellie, Awesome and the others to cheer my day. I admit, i didnt start watching Chuck until the show reaches its third season because back then when i was in school, we had no Astro and 24/7 access to the internet. So after i finished with my SPM, i caught up with all the missed episodes without missing not even one, right until the very end.

Some people asked me, why do i like Chuck so much? Especially that i'm a girl. Not many of my girlfriends watch Chuck as they would resort to something more girly like Gossip Girl or 90210. Well, for me, i have always loved a good spy flick. You know, Mission Impossible, James Bond and that kinda stuff. Chuck here definitely fits in that category, only different.



Unlike normal spy stories, the real spy in Chuck is the girl. However, the nerd who got a genius spy computer stucked in his head, was forced to become a spy. And with that, the journey begins for 5 whole seasons. A lot has happened. They've defeated numerous bad guys like The Ring, Fulcrum and Volkoff. Chuck and Sarah even fell in love and got married, and so did Ellie and Awesome who later got a baby girl. Even the stupid Morgan found the girl of his dreams and is settling down. For 5 years, they went from CIA, to freelance spies, to non-spies. It's these things that happened that makes it so hard for a Chuckster like me to actually let the show go. I mean, i've been there when Chuck and Sarah got married, when Sarah almost died, when baby Clara was born, when Daniel Shaw killed Chuck's father, when the Intersect switched hands multiple times... hey, i'm practically a family!

God, even writing this makes me sad.

Most of the Chuck fans would think that the ending of Season 4 would be the perfect ending, where Chuck and Sarah finally got married and they can live happily ever after since they were no longer CIA spies and have a fortune left from Volfkoff. But it didnt end there. Season 5 came along, and everything went upside down.






I would not want to be giving any spoilers here, but let me just say that the series ended pretty sad. Everything went well for everybody, except Chuck and Sarah. After 5 years of being and working together, you'd think that they'll catch a break and finally be happy. But they did not. I dont know, maybe they eventually did, but the show ended as if all of the 5 years worth of their hardwork went down the drain.

I personally was very devastated, i even shed a tear in the last two episodes cause everything became so intense and emotional especially when they always bring up snippets of Chuck and Sarah moments all the way from season 1. It's really heartbreaking to be watching all of the memories built, knowing that they dont exist anymore. For those who have not watched the season finale, you must be wondering what on Earth happened that took everything away from Chuck and Sarah. Well, i guess you should just check it out yourself.

The most heartbreaking scene for me in the season finale was when Chuck brought Sarah to the house of their dreams, where Chuck told Sarah of their story. It was so sad, Chuck was crying for God's sake, i cant even.... *cries*






Dont get me wrong, i am not saying that it was a bad ending for the show. It was actually quite good, considering it didnt satisfy the cliche ending of happily ever after. I dont think anyone would've guessed that it would end that way. So thumbs up for the element of surprise. But my heart secretly wishes that it wouldn't end that way because it's really sad. I have been rooting for them for 5 years and now here you are presenting me with this bad news. Oh the heartache :'(

Anyways, cant be a baby forever, can i? Eventually i would have to accept that Chuck is finally gone. And i would definitely have to accept the fact that it ended that way. Come to think of it, the ending was more of a new beginning. "The big finish was the new beginning" , a reviewer wrote. And the show ended with a kiss on the beach, with the very last line being Sarah saying "Kiss me, Chuck." , which definitely puts a smile on my face (and my guess, other Chuck fans too).




Goodbye forever, Chuck. Maybe a few years later, i'll be watching you again, right from the very beginning, and be reminded of how awesome of a spy you were :)

I am a proud Chuckster, always and forever will.

No comments: