Friday, February 17, 2012

I am the Grinch of laser tags

So what's new?

I remembered Valentine's Day being just a few days back. I'm guessing the day went quite well for some people and some just didnt give a damn... like me. For starters, i'm a Muslim and apparently we Muslims dont believe in this "day full of love" crap. We celebrate love everyday, well, why shouldnt we be? And secondly, if we were into this kind of thing, i wont even have a special person to spend the day with...

...because everyone loves me! How to choose only one?! I dont want to be the one breaking people's heart on Valentine's Day.

Haha. Ok i kid.

Adding up to my recent updates, my finals are finally over. Wouldnt want to be commenting more on that. What happened, happened. And i certainly cant undo anything at this point, so yeah, redha and tawakkal it is.

I guess that's it for a quick update. So what's new in YOUR life? Anything interesting or memorable happened recently? Care to share?

Haha i kid you again. I dont want to hear stories about your boring little life. Bazinga.

Maaan i'm so creepy. Blogging like i'm talking to someone when in reality i'm just talking to myself.



ANYWAAAAYYYSS

Picking up from where i left off in my recent post, i wrote about my intention to blog about the recent weddings that i've been to. Erm but when you look at it now, it wont be that recent actually. Try a month ago.

So the first wedding was Zuley's sister's. We went all the way to Johor Bahru for this wedding and stayed there for the weekend. That wedding was really something. To be honest, i have never been to a really cultured Malay wedding before. That, or i have, but didnt care enough to notice. At this wedding, i got to contribute a bit by preparing the doorgifts and Zuley's family basically had free labor. I knew i complained a lot, but hehe that was just to annoy him. Frankly, despite the tiredness and all, i actually felt honored that i was given a chance to participate. We even got to stand at the tolls, and we were in the official wedding photos for heaven's sake! And we're not even family! Thank you for making us feel so welcomed :')

Free labors

Speaking of tolls, do you know that in a Johorian wedding, there are tolls keeping the groom away from the bride? I didnt! The groom would have to pay every single person standing in his way, kinda like bribery i must say, until he cleared all the tolls and can finally reach the bride. I got paid and was excited as hell like a kid who just got duit raya from a stranger.

Yeahh that's right dude. You wanna get to her, PAY UP!



Us, destroying the wedding photos without shame


The trip meanwhile was quite delightful. We had Faitz coming down all the way from Terengganu just to hang with us for the weekend. And we did Damia's surprise birthday celebration too on the same weekend. The days were so packed and i didnt have enough rest, but i had total fun.

Nothing beats a good weekend spent with the dudes :) And one dudette. Haha.

With Faitz Aqira. Follow him on Twitter! He loves Twitter, A LOT. Hehe



Birthday celebration. Got her a Harimau Malaya jersey with her name on it!


The next wedding that i went to was just a few days before my examination started. I had to hear complaints from my mom saying i should not be going out at a time like this.

"Dah habis pandai lah sampai boleh pergi wedding lepas tu lepak dengan kawan ni?"

Yeah yeah mummy sheesh.

Anyway, this wedding was Emira's sister's. This one was just in Subang and since it's so near i guessed, oh what the heck screw exams, i'll go. Besides, i was really looking forward to meet my old high school friends at the wedding. The day was expected to be spent with just us girls, probably be doing some gossiping or looking at hot guys in baju melayu lipat lengan, but turns out...

SEMUA PUN NAK BAWAK BOYFRIEND. OKAY. LEPAS TU FATIN & HELMI PICK AKU, AKU RASA MACAM KENA JEMPUT DENGAN PARENTS. OKAY.

Haha dont get me wrong, i like their boyfriends, i really do. No problem with that. But i just thought we could have some "us" time, y'know? Girls, if any of you guys are reading this (which is very unlikely), dont get mad! I dont hate your boyfriends hehe. Hmm too bad my boyfriend is too busy flying around saving the world, or i could have joined the party.

Despite all that, i had a great time at the wedding. 90% of the greatness didnt came from the wedding, of course, but the company i had with me. But the wedding itself went quite well. They even have performances of kids dancing in front of the pelamin awww so cute i can die.

Prety pretty polaroid






The bride's sister, Emira! .... And Fateen Aqeela. To be honest i'm just putting up this photo because Fateen put multiple photos of me in her blog. Boy, she must really love me.


After we ate, we went down to the house's basement (yes, the house has a basement filled with entertainment, yes very cool indeed) because it was getting too hot outside. Some kids were playing Wii. And i came to terrorize them.

Haha. Here's a funny story.

My friends and i were talking about plans to hang out in the future. One friend suggested that we play laser tag and i suddenly got all excited and started rambling facts and experiences on the game (ecehh "experiences" padahal baru main dua kali).

One kid suddenly asked me,

"What is laser tag? Is it the game with the guns?"

"Yes. You ever played?"

"No... i scared."

"Do you know how people play the game? The shoot lasers at you and then when you got hit, you die. Not in the game only, tapi betul betul die. You want to play with me?"

"No... i dont want to die." At this point his lips were trembling. Hillarious!

"Memang la you can die, but it's fun! Later we play ok?"

Then his older brother, who was old enough not to believe me, got all excited and said he wants to play some day. This terrifies the little kid.

"NO ABANG! YOU CANNOT PLAY! YOU CANNOT DIE!"

God knows how hard were we laughing. This kid... so clueless, so cute. After that we changed the topic but the kid sat at one corner, whispering to himself.

"I dont want to play laser tag. I dont want to play laser tag. I dont want to play laser tag."

Roflol i freaking traumatized him. My friends were all like, Nina tengok apa kau dah buat eee jahat. Yeah yeah, but you guys have gotta admit, this is fun. I know because you guys were laughing at him too.

When we were leaving, he grabbed my baju kurung, asking where am i going.

"I want to go play laser tag."

"NOOOO!!"

He didnt want to let my baju kurung go. I had to admit i was kidding. And there goes all the fun.

3 comments:

M!! said...

Haha one dudette!

Heynutter said...

hahah or do u prefer me referring u as one of the dudes? lols

zuley said...

Thanks guys for willing to tag along in this trip. Now, I know everyone of u loves Johorian and all Johor`s stuff.bhaha ;-)