Saturday, April 23, 2011

Why i love my weekends

Ten minutes ago i was blogwalking, and i ended up reading GadisJahat's latest post. Damn, the post, that one particular post, looks like it came straight out from my heart. Those who knows me well would know that i have issues regarding my previous blog. It seems to have created an unnecessary hype around college and suddenly i was "The Girl Who Wrote The Blog". Back in high school, yeah i guess i would be proud if i heard someone call me that. Knowing that my writing really matters, and it (hopefully) gives joy to the readers. But being known like that now, for all the wrong reasons, is just a nightmare.

But enough with all that. It's over now. Sure, i am still "The Girl Who Wrote The Blog". But it looks like everything is cooling off. Oh come on, it has been two semesters for crying out loud. Can't we all just put the past behind and start all over? Things are getting better in college now so i think it is safe to say now that i am sort of.. happy :)

Back to the main topic that i would like to write for today. (Saja nak selit this thing up here because of the effect that GadisJahat's post gave on me). Later in this post i am going to tell you about my weekend (this weekend to be exact) which has been amazingly awesome you would've been dying out of jealousy if i tell you the whole story. But wait, every great thing must be told last, so i am gonna bore you first with the story of my other weekends.

Keep reading.

Let's start with the first week i started my new semester. There was this Chic Pop event at Jaya One that Saturday so i decided to invite my high school friends to tag along. There was even an event page made on Facebook! (Farahim Ibrahim to thank) But unfortunately, i was having a class that glorious Saturday and i was forced to arrive late. Took a cab there with two of my college friends, Damia and Zuley. Arrived there and met the high school friends, only to found that they're leaving for Midvalley (because apparently they were there since 12 and i arrived at 2). So i shopped with Damia but ended up not buying anything except for this one beautiful ring while Damia bought three dresses. THREE I TELL YOU! And then it's time i go hang with the friends at Mid so Damia, Zuley and i parted. We ate, gosipped, and hang like there is no tomorrow. There were a few faces that i havent met since SPM results were out and that is a very very long time. It was nice to finally had the chance to catch up. A special thanks to Durra, Tariq, Dzahiriah, Khairun Nadiah, Fateen Aqeela, Athirah Hasanudin, Aimi Syafiqah, Farahim, Asma Zahari, Fatin Diana & Faez Haziq for making my day. We should really do this again sometime. Aimi and Asma slept over at my place, and being the usual Asma, she forced us to swim with her late that night. Thank God there was Aimi, Damia, Zuley, Zuley's friend iforgotwhatshisname, and Ainaa to layan her craziness. Then we ate late supper and gossiped through the night.

The next day, we went for karaoke! Been craving for this since the holidays and yeah you bet i was psyched. The ones who joined me was Damia, Zuley, Adilin and Farhan, the usual karaoke-crazy gang. We had tonsssss of fun. And that marks the end of my first weekend.

The second weekend was more hectic. Damia, Zuley, Adilin and i got ourselves a car since we had so many places in mind to go. On Friday there was this free concert thing at KLCC and a lot of people were inviting me but i didnt feel up to it so i passed. The real fun begins the day after, when i went to Petaling Jaya again for another shopping spree. This time, it's What The Fashion Flea Market. I scored an outfit while Damia didnt bought a thing (finally!). Our next stop was Low Yat, for i have been wishing to buy myself a harddisk and a pair of headphones since forever. Then we walked to Times Square and chilled our butts in Krispy Kreme. When it was about time for dinner, we made our way to Victoria Station. No, the decision to dine there was not because we had just won the lottery or something. Let's just say that we went there because someone won a bet, okay? The steak there was ohmyfuckinggoat super delicious. But the price too, was, ehem, delicious. After dinner, we head up to Bangsar and had a long conversation in Starbucks. Then we hopped again into the car, and Bukit Bintang is next (it's against my will!). I was half-asleep when we reached there so i wasnt in a very good mood. That night, I was even forced by the boys to do something i never thought in a million years i would do. Ugh i'm not even going to tell what it is because the girl who did that thing, is not the real me. Haha but we had a good laugh doing it though. The next day, we just went to Sunway for a movie and lunch.

And here goes the third weekend. Nothing much was done this weekend. On Saturday we had a girls-only day out at Sunway. It's been a while since we last did that, just us girls goofing around, without the boys interrupting. We basically spent the day by just hanging out and watching a movie. But not for one of us though, who were actually there to meet her boyfriend. The highlight of the day for me was when we ate Tutti Frutti. I was craving for those tasty frozen yogurts and it's yummy toppings and when i finally got to eat it, i was the queen of the world. That's just it for the day, and the rest of the weekend was spent by me being drowned in a drama filled with emotional problems. Wouldnt want that to happen again.

Now, that brings us to this weekend. The ultimate story that you have been waiting for (or have you?). I am about to reveal my most incredible weekend yet so far and may i remind you that you may be left with the feeling of annoyance once you read it.

Are you ready? Drumroll please......

I spent my weekend babysitting five little cousins of mine FTW!

Yes i didnt even go out this weekend. Not even for a movie. I was left babysitting and God knows how much it bores me. Of course, i love little kids (preferably the ones who had not yet learned how to talk since the ones who can really bugs me sometimes), but taking care of them is just not my field of expert. Once my cousin cried so bad last night and she started to roll on the floor and i didnt know what to do. I tried comforting her by compelling her with my sweet sweet voice but i guess it didnt worked out since she started to cry even louder. So i ended up deciding not to care and just let her be. She shut her mouth up after a little while though, probably frustrated that she didnt get the attention she was hoping for. Huh in your face! It was nice having to spend time with them since i havent really done that since Raya, sure, but babysitting was not the weekend i would picture for me to spent. Pffft.

So there goes my weekends stories. Haha annoyed yet? Sorry, it's just that i think it might be fun for me some day to be able to read this all over again and reminisce the past. And these four weekends are definitely the weekends i'd never like to forget.

2 comments:

Zeq, said...

hahahaha nina. Ngeks gila.
I was expecting kau pegi concert bieber ke, dapat boyfriend kaya teman kw shopping ke. Haha
rupa2 babysitting. LOL

Heynutter said...

haha told ya you'd be annoyed by the truth