Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Random updates

1. It's been what? The 8th day of Raya already? My Raya was just ordinary, nothing out of the norm. The usual trip to kpg, the usual open house, the usual visits to friends and families' houses. I don't get a lot of duit Raya this year, maybe because i don't look like the cute 5-year old i was anymore. Who the hell created the theory that the older we get, the lesser money we shall receive?? I don't see 5 year olds worrying about money-related problems like fuel prices. Or paying for food. Or the new top at Forever 21.

2. One thing i learnt at kampung is that, the mak ciks there can be so nosy. Especially when you're a lady, or as what they call "anak dara". They always want to know what you're up to, and apparently not being in the kitchen 24/7 seems like a crime. You'll make it worse if they found you sitting in the living room watching MTV. And boy, do they gossip.

3. My parents seems to be getting quite a shock now that i am friends with guys. Not that i never had one before, it's just that all this while when i was in school they assumed that my friends were all girls. Since i studied in an all-girls school. Little did they know that back then we have this thing called "socializing" and we have this magical sites called "Myspace" & "YM" to get us connected. So now, when i'm out of school and suddenly getting rides or going to the movies with some guy, they'd think that i'm dating. Oh my parents give me headaches. I need to tell them that not all guys are my future husband.

4. My laptop is currently being such a pain in the ass and i am sending it for repair. I am now typing this post on my house's PC and let me tell you, the process was not easy. I had to wrestle the little monsters who; one wants to play some Facebook game and the other wants to laugh at some stupid video on Youtube.

5. I have been watching a lot of malay movies on the television lately. Since that's all the TV's been showing right now. Oh well, i don't really mind since i am kinda embracing the Raya spirit. Some were good, but some were not so. What is it with malay movies and stupid (and supposed to be funny?) ghosts?? Or, if it isn't that, it'll be some anak derhaka begging for forgiveness from their parents on pagi raya. Come on Malaysians, be more creative.

6. While i am typing this, i am also watching Camp Rock. Man, i forgot how hot Joe Jonas was. I used to have a huge crush on him when i was a teenager. I'd forked out money just to buy the latest Tiger Beat magazine (which costs a fortune for a 14-year old kid) just so that i can get a hold on Joe's poster. Ahh puppy love.

7. This month will be the return of the TV shows as i called it. My favourite TV shows are resuming for their new season starting next week and you bet i am psyched! Pretty Little Liars just went on hiatus last week and i am currently moping around and having a hard time accepting the fact that i don't have anything to look forward to every Wednesday anymore. But i guess my pain will soon go away. Vampire Diaries and Glee will be back soon, and i am welcoming a new TV show to my group of favourites, which is New Girl. Zooey Deschanel will be in it so there's no doubt it'll be awesome. However, i have to wait for another month for Chuck's 5th season (and sadly it's the last). How will Stefan cope with his new life as a killer? Will Sam continue to date Mercedes? Would Morgan be a better Intersect than Chuck? F it i really can't wait.

8. A lot of my friends have been tweeting that they want to perform the puasa enam during this Syawal. Well here's one news i am ashamed to admit. I have never done puasa enam. Nope. Not once in my long 19 years of life living as a Muslim. Thinking of doing it this year, even better now while i am still in Sarawak, where the maghrib comes earlier. But then again, i am having back pain these couple of days, a sign that my time of month is coming. Hmm

9. These days i am feeling left out. Maybe it's because i'm far away from everyone, meaning my friends, so i'm having this stupid irrational thoughts. Thoughts saying that i am not important and don't mean a thing to anyone. And sometimes i have thoughts saying that i am just a someone to go to when they're happy. Kinda like.... an accessory. Never a need. It made me realize that all this while i have never found someone that makes me feel that i am their number one. I don't know, maybe i have? But i just don't feel it. Wait, ignore this whole paragraph. I think this is my PMS mode doing the writing.

10. I can't wait to celebrate raya with my friends, but my heart tells me that i am not ready for college. For life. How i wish i can go back ten years ago, when school was such a joy and i have my family and friends near me.


2 comments:

zuley said...

7.agreed.bila VD keluar?
9.dah PMS tp nak puasa.bhaha

Heynutter said...

7. next week tak silap aku
9. refer to no8