Saturday, July 9, 2011

All is well, All is well

In case you're wondering, i am still pretty much alive.

I have been having my exams for a week now and i can say that it went quite okay. Not exactly brilliantly done, but just an okay. Meaning, i probably won't get an A (praise to God if i do) but i can still manage a pass. I hope.

I desperately hope.

I screwed my Creative Objects 2 paper big time though, but so did 80% of the batch. I'd lie if i say i'm not worried, but i still have my project's marks to be totaled with the examination marks, so hopefully it'll add up to 60%. Only i have one problem, I'M NOT EVEN HALFWAY DONE WITH THE PROJECT! My teammates and i have only one day left, which is the day after our last paper, to finish the project and submit it. Oh, and we need to submit a report on the same day too (say what now?!)

How much work can we get done in a day? I'm guessing we're going to have to be real superheroes that day and work our asses off. Let's just hope i'm not going to be too tired and end up soldering someone's innocent hand again....

Physics was surprisingly easier than the usual, but easy questions can scare the hell out of you when you're used to answering hard questions. Sometimes you forget the simplest of things. Like during my interview, i was so scared that they're going to ask me complicated questions, and suddenly my imaginary "complicated question" turned out to be "What is the formula for weight?"

The answer was of course, W=mg. Everyone knows that. But guess what, i didn't answer it correctly! My God, who the hell does not know the formula for weight? It's like the basic of all formulas. Like i said, everyone knows it. Shame on me for actually forgetting that at times when i most need it!

You see, easy questions can really kill people sometimes. That's why i'm afraid of how my Physics paper will tun out to be. I got stuck on questions 1 & 2, can you believe that? They were supposed to be the easiest questions.

Now i have 4 more papers to look forward to. I say "look forward", because i really am looking forward to it. I just cant stand the exam stress anymore and i want it to be over and done with. Three more days and the torture will be over, and i'll be leaving Shah Alam for one solid week.

Of course, the exam stress is getting to me now that i am in the highly anticipated exam week, but i never let the stress get the worst out of me. People usually see me so laid back, sleeping when i should be studying and they often gives me questions like "Aren't you worried? Exams near already."

Nobody in their right mind would not be worried. I may appear to be chilled, but i'm bloody worried deep inside. It's just that i keep telling myself "It's okay. They've studied this and that and you haven't. Take a deep breath. You still have time. Plenty of time." But then the other half of my brain is telling me "You stupid! Go study now or you'll end up as nothing but a failure! Humiliation to your family!". Well, i obviously decided to listen to the positive side of me (although the ugly side was always winning first by a mile). I mean, it's no use getting stressed out, it's not like you can study properly in that state anyway.

If you're feeling stressed out from studying too much, try these tips to cool yourself down. I know i am in no position to be giving you advices, but hey, who knows some of this might help.

1. Sleep
Sleeping is very important. Just because you have exams, doesn't mean you don't need your beauty sleep. I used to stay awake for hours just to study (it's a last minute effort, of course) and i ended up having gigantic eyebags and a really tired body. Even when i accidentally took a nap, i'd wake up feeling guilty for wasting my time. Now that i'm older, i think, hell whatever. I'm sleepy and i need a good sleep. Sleeping is good, it helps your mind to relax.

2. Eat
For God's sake, eat! I once had a friend who didn't eat much during our SPM year because she's studying all the time and she couldn't even have the heart to spend her precious study time on eating. Talk about setting your priorities straight! I was surprised she even ended up with an SPM certificate instead of a death certificate. Just like cars, we need fuels. We need battery to keep us moving. How do you move a car without any fuel??

3. Watch movies while studying
Okay this must be a bit weird, but it works. I just found this out recently. I was so sleepy while reading my notes, so i tried opening a cartoon on my laptop just to have a nice short laugh. But then one movie leads to another movie and then another one and... yeah you got the picture. Mind you that while i was watching these movies, i had my notes with me too. It's kinda like multitasking, but i don't think it'll work with those who have focusing issues. That's why i opted for movies i have watched, so the focus would be more on my notes, not on the movie. It's fun, try it.

4. Blast some loud music in your ears
I'm sure everyone pretty much agrees with me on this. Especially if you're an Engineering/Accounts/etc student who doesn't read much and spends most of your time calculating. Some people had a hard time memorizing while listening to loud songs, but some can endure them too. It depends on your own style, really. For me, loud musics helped me a lot. Fly.fm, Maroon 5, Panic At The Disco etc had helped me study in so many ways, i think i should send them a Thank You card some day.

5. Pray
God will always have our backs, even if we constantly forgets our duty towards Him (shame on us). So at times like this, only God can bring peace to our hearts and guide us to the right path, that is, if we go seek for it. Therefore we should pray, because at the end of the day, whatever the result came out to be, it's His and only His decision.

I have other tips to share too like...
1) Have a long shower after long hours of studying and pretend you're a celebrity, holding the shower head as your mic
2) Tweet that you're stressed, then getting calming words from friends who care as a result. Be as drama queen-ed as possible.
3) Scream, scream, and do some more screaming. Make sure you don't have nosy neighbours
4) Roll all over the floor like a sack of demented potatoes
5) Write a blog post on how to handle exam stress (Like what i am doing right now)
But then i realized that those tips only work for me and are irrelevant to you guys. Besides, i dont know how to elaborate much on those tips without sounding like a complete idiot.

Anyways, i hope they were helpful enough. Good luck to those having exams just like me (what a sad situation we're in now, huh?). And to those not having exams, stop rubbing it in my face, saying that you've watched Transformers and booked Harry Potter tickets. You guys are killing my soul, seriously!! Just wait, three more days and i'll haunt you guys in your sleep. Sweet sweet revenge (imagine me sharpening a dagger).

You should wish me tons of luck instead!

No comments: